Wednesday, October 11, 2006

squirrels in the park...

check out my new streak of blonde hair!!! courtesy of Chris... ta chris! i'm loving it! just adds a bit of colour to my hair (looks a bit yellow there, but not too bad in real life). oh, it makes for a good moustache too, ha. ok, so quick description of the rest of the photos and then the goss... below is clement being a silly face and my new friend Nick my amigo from espana class.three very sexy ladies... schelle, chris et moi... below, schelle, matt, geoff, me and chris. always a great laugh when we all get together and go out. (oh jana, doesn't matt look lovely! haha)

and then ummm, the new housemate... barry, ummm, need i say more?? (by the way, he had just been at the gym, not always that sweaty.)

and now the goss...
well, i was walking home from work this arvo and i decided i must go back to the park to watch the squirrels. they intrigue me. the way their tails move when they pounce, the way they move sideways around a tree, the way they hold nuts in their hands. I have just become a fan of the little pests. ok, so that is my random story for the day, now what have i been up to??

it's hard to believe how fast time really does fly! i am now in week 6 of term which means at the end of this week it will only be one week until i go to iceland for 4 days to visit Tomas and have a bit of a holiday. (Tomas was on my tour of thailand... he was my peeing buddee, hooray for tomas.) so i am really looking forward to that. Iceland looks beautiful. Hopefully will make it to some thermal pools too.

teaching is still quite frantic, but i am enjoying it. today we made mountains out of clay and sand and then poured water over them to see the effects of erosion. we even put farm animals in to make it more 'realistic'. the kids loved it, and so it meant i had a good lesson too! And the best thing is that at the end of the lesson all the students were able to tell me what erosion is. Hooray... now if only my Industrial Revolution and King Henry VIII lessons go as well tomorrow. it really is very hard remembering which subject i am teaching, but the kids bear with me and we struggle through together.

oh, and last weekend, i had my first run into people i know... it was crazy. London is big and to actually see someone you know... crazy. so, story goes, I had my Happy Half Birthday Party (0r at least drinks at a cute pub in Notting Hill). a new friend from spanish class, Nick, came along and so did a person who schelle and I met in Copenhagen. Then on Saturday after i went shopping (and bought some skinny black jeans, aren't i now trendy!) I ran into Nick on the bus on the way home. then on the short walk from the bus to home I ran intoDan (the guy from Copenhagen. crazy!!! and really quite refreshing for london.

anyways, Schelle was away over the weekend in Budapest with Beth and Beth is coming to London this weekend. It will be really good to see her again and go party party in Londontown.
ok, so i think that is enough for the moment. there are probably a lot more things i could be telling you, but i can't think where to start at... so, some photos instead.

hasta luego.

No comments: