Monday, January 15, 2007

week of scout and school

hehe, we had sorbet at a mexican restaurand in clapham common and Dr Quint made a ummm, lantern out of his lemon skin and phone.... should have sold it to the tate modern for millions
ok, so it may look like poo, but that is the best tasting thing i have had for a while. it is a deep fried mars bar in Edinburgh, quite soft and oh go good. Now the place we went to will (apparently) deep fry anytyhing. someone else had a flake... soooooooo yummy (that's back to the marsbar). and they had free keyrings, so if you are going to edinburgh i've got the address on my keyring (was funny cos i asked Luke, sean's friend, if he knew where it was and he said 'yep, the address is on my keyring' and it was. ha, ok, well funny if you were there kinda thing. so now i am cool like luke.)
the sunset from the plane on the way back to london. sat next to a great english man and his partner who was scared of flying and hated take-off and landing. we somehow got singing 'incy wincy spider' with the row infront and she missed the landing because she was so involved in the song.
dr quint, helen, marni and myself after a yummy mexican meal. good to see you all!!!

now bear with me, i screwed up the setting and don't know how to fix it... maybe i should learn html... nah, leave it to someone else. the photos below are... me and mark after a lovely dinner (we were both meant to be being silly, and the next photo is me normal and him silly, but couldn't do that to him on the internet), ummm Richard, Karen, Simon, Katrina and me. (gee i know i am not tall, but Katrina and i look like midgets next to those guys). Jana, me, richard and matt with Eion(matt's housemate)'s girlfriend behind us and Eion and Tom in the background if you look really carefully. (oh there you are fellas). A view from the castle in Edinburgh and finally, Sean and Trine who put on a ripper dinner, thanks guys!





well, my week started on Sunday with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kristal (who unfortunately i didn't get to speak to as my phonecard wasn't working) I met her at the World Scout Jamboree in Chile. Then, Monday night was catching up with Simon and Karen (children of our scoutleader skip) and their partners and some friends at the Kensington Pub. Love that place, 2 4 1 mains on Mondays... great! umm, tuesday was watching Strictly Ballroom, ha, love that movie and schelle popped over to watch the end so school connection night. Wednesday night was have dinner at a nice restaurant in Leicester Square with Mark (former Narweigan scout) and then, thursday caught up with Richard (Karen's boyfriend) for drinks for his birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHARD), but unfortunately couldn't go out with them all as it was spanish night.... then, Friday was movies with Jana. Saw 'the holiday' a beautiful chick flick that i would happily see a million times over at the movies and then onto Matt's for drinks for his b'day (scout connection being Matt from my troop, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!). Then, had to go home early (although didn't get there as early as planned) as i was getting up early to fly to edinburgh to bumm around the city and catch up with Sean (scout connection back when we were all young and innocent) and Trine (his girlfriend who went to my school). ok, almost finished now... Sunday night caught up with Marni, Myall (better known to me as Dr Quint) and Helen also Narweigans from scouts and then when i got home, a quick message to Kristy from school who's birthday it was today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TY!! so, started with birthdays, ended with birthdays birthdays inbetween with lots of scout and school friend stuff inbetween. it was one HECTIC week, but i had a blast.

so, now for some of the stories... where to start.

it was great to catch up with Simon, Richard and Karen (and to meet Katrina). thanks for making some time to see me. umm, fastforward to friday. oh yeah, go and see the holiday, beautiful movie. Jana and i both really liked it (yes, we are soppy romantics somewhere under a thick skin). and then onto Matt's for dinner. always have fun with you guys, so had a great night! then when they went out, i went home so i could get up early for Edinburgh.

Nearly missed my flight. I did online check-in and then left for the station where i would have 30mins up my sleeve at the airport... BUT... Gatwick express was not working till 8:30am, which is great when your flight leaves at 7:00am and the replacement bus takes 30mins longer. the bus was then late, so i get to the airport at 6:50am and get my passport checked, excuse my way through baggage scanners, ask if my flight has left to which no-one seems to know, it is now 7:00am. I run with my shoes off to gate 6 where there had been a slight delay in boarding, so plane was still there. Then face a rude lady saying, 'if the plane had left ontime i would have missed it'. yeah, well that is great lady, i'm aware of that, but the plane is here, i am here, so why do you have to tell me that?? are you going to let me board, or not cos if the plane was ontime then i wouldn't have made the flight. stupid stupid lady, grrrrrrr.

Sean picked me up from the airport (thanks heaps) and dropped me in the city. I then made my way up to the castle. it was well windy up there. i even saw a lady holding a stroller with a kid in it which tipped over. whoops, poor kid. it was pretty funny to watch thoughm, put it on funniest videos, win for sure. then bummed around for a bit and had lunch with some italian guy i met at the hostel. then off to dinner and out to the pub with sean, trine and their friends from aus but living in london Luke and Kathryn.

next day bummed around, nearly got blown off the cliff near Arthur's seat. (had to crouch down cos the wind was blowing me too much). then home to catch up with Dr Quint (we all love Dr quint), marni and helen. as i said, we went to a lovely mexican restaurant in clapham (matt, have to go there with you and jana sometime!)

then on the way back, met a really cute drunk french dude who walked from Hammersmith to shepherds bush with me, but unfortunately i didn't get his phone number. bummer, oh well, always next time (don't worry mum and dad, i'm being careful!!!!).

ok, whoa, huge posting. nothing else too great springs to mind, so i think it is a good place to stop. hope you are enjoying my adventures almost as much as i am.

love you all
deev

oh raol, you will be sooo proud of me, i am going to see Alegria next wednesday all by myself! it is at the royal albert hall. I feel so cultured!

No comments: