Thursday, February 08, 2007

HAPPY SNOW DAY... take 2

well, had dessert with Mark last night (cheers for that Mark) after a volunteer meeting for a place called the Simon Community http://www.simoncommunity.org.uk/ that i am going to start doing volunteer work for... anyways, the weather forecast was for snow... would they be correct?? Mark and I had a bet and well, yes, the forecast was right on and it is snowing this morning. I have had my very first experience of walking to work whilst it is snowing. i don't think i have ever really thought about that before. I spose in aus, 1) i didn't used to walk to work and 2) in syd it never snows, so one wouldn't think about it. And it barely even snows in london, so to have it snowing on you whilst on the way to work it quite surreal. I only had joggers and thick socks on, so my feet got wet in all the slush and then very cold. so change of shoes at work, hang everything up to try and get ready to face the day of kids not wanting to work because it is snowing.

london really is a totally different place in the snow. i'm sure tami is used to walking in the snow, and hopefully it will still be snowing in Norway in a week and a bit when i go there to visit tami and hopefully earn some turns on the backcountry. (tams, you'll have to be patient, it's been a while and my telly skills aren't the best). Come 2 weeks, I'll be pro skiier, norweigan style!! ha... or just very tired and sore.

well, really should get back to my work as don't really know what i am going to teach today and have no frees to prepare in, so have to do it all now.

have a good day wherever you are (sun, sand, snow, land... ok, i'm gone)
deev
xx

No comments: