Sunday, February 25, 2007

tami and deev's adventure in Norway

well, I've just (yesterday) arrived back from a lovely half-term holiday in Norway. I went on Saturday and was met in town by lovely tami. (cheers) and then we went back to her appartment to have some lunch of typical open sandwiches. We then grabbed out skis (thank you Helene for lending me your skis and poles) and out we went for an afternoon/evening ski. It was lovely. Jumped on the train and went only 40mins or so and we were in the mountains at the snow... it was great! Sunday was a lovely day of cross-country skiing, fabulous. I LOVE SKIING. it was a bit too warm and tami didn't have the right wax and so it was hard going with not much gliding and lots of walking. It was pretty much walking but with skiis... could have done it without the poles and skis, but saying that, i had a great day (thanks again tami). went to church with tami that night and me some of her friends. all lovely people.

Monday was exploring oslo and going ice-skating with tami, eiven and magner (see my myspace for a video of this... hehe) at night. Magner was a great skater!! hehe.

Tuesday i jumped on a train and took the scenic railway to Bergen. We jumped off at Myrdal and took another train to Flam. From Flam, i caught a ferry to umm, somewhere and then a bus to Voss. From Voss, i caught a train into bergen. I met some lovely brasillian boys and went to the hostel i had booked. About 30mins after getting to the Hostel, the brasillian boys and two girls turned up at the hostel... all the others were closed for the night. The girls (Tracey and Becky) were lovely and it was nice to see the boys (Gustavo and Leonardo) again. Next day wandered around Bergen with my new found friends. And then took the night train with the boys back to Bergen. Unfortunately there had been a derailment near Voss, so we took a train, bus and train to Oslo, great to swap from trains to bus at like 03:00, especially when the train isn't there and you have to wait on the platform.... FREEZING.

ummm, then wandered through oslo again... it was something like minus10degrees celcius today... sooooo cold, so ended up not seeing too much, but lots of inside burger king and the station. then off to meet up with tami and cook dinner before going out to Underwater bar with her housemates (which is right around the corner from where she lives).

Friday, early start to go skiing with a girl i met in Bergen (Michelle, aussie living in paris) and one of her friends. A great day skiing, so much fun. And then went back to oslo city to catch up with Tracey and Becky for a coffee. Then met tami after work and went back to hers for a nice dinner, catch up, and chill before my flight very early the next day.

Now, Norway is meant to be one of the safest countries in the world, and it was great, but in 2 days i had a friend get their wallet stolen and saw someone else get 5000K (£500approx) taken from their wallet... so just be careful wherever you travel, because nowhere is actually that safe. especially tourist destinations.

thanks for a great week tami, was great to see you!!! (and thanks for looking after me, how are your ears by the way??). was great to go skiing, was great to be in freezing cold norway, I had a great half-term.

yesterday i just bummed around and redid some of my room (putting stuff in my new desk and had to change my bookcase as my lamp was plugged in behind it, d'oh). and then went out for a lovely night at 'The Cat Empire' and of course the walkabout. both just around the corner from my house. saw a few aussie friends and introduced nick t great aussie music. i think it is safe to say we all had a GREAT night... cheers guys. photos from that to come in my next post.


and now for the photos...


me and a troll in the main street in oslo
magner, tami and me at ice-skating
beautiful beautiful bergen
on the ferry in a fjord on the way to bergen, taken by my one of the brasillian guys
tami, where are you legs?? are you ok?? hehe, let me help you up!

on the train on the way to our first ski... i'm going skiing, i'm going skiing... below is a beautiful photo of tami and her two lovely lovely housemates helene and camilla. thanks for having me staythe sea in bergen.... is that a bike and a wellie??? weirdme and tami on our full day skiing. this was at our lunch spot... i LOVE THE SNOW!!! it was actually quite a nice day too.
who is that pro skater??? is that Jane torville?? oh no, it's me. Ha. I decided i want to take up ice-skating lessons again, so i am going to look into how much they are. new-found love for the ice, come from watching skating with the stars and then ice-skating again in Norway... I'm loving it!!!
and that is me done... hope you are going well... i hope you enjoyed my half-term break almost as much as i did.

take care, love and hugs
deev
xx

No comments: