Thursday, March 15, 2007

another busy week... I'm soooo tired

well, can't even remember where to start. I think Wednesday is the first port of call. I did my first ever soup run with Simons. Start out at the house to load the sandwiches (and take one for my own dinner, they have way too many) and then jump in the van and make our way to ummm, i think it's Euston, Aldwych, Waterloo and Victoria handing out soup, tea, coffee, sandwiches and rollies. I was on the soup and by the end, my left arm was hurting so much because of the ladelling... hard work! ha. But it was really nice to see some of the people i am now getting to know because of monday nights at the streetcaf. so, am loving it.

thursday night, another not so fun night at spanish. loving the language, but not really the teacher... which sucks. Not doing it again next semester, so will have to see what happens... try and just go to spain to submerse myself in the language.

friday, girls night out with michelle from spanish.
saturday, SLEEP and then catch up with Helen Laverty a Narweigan (ahh, miss you guys!) from home. it was nice to see her, and we decided to go to the V&A (Victoria and Albert museum) to see the KYLIE exhibition. It is FREE, and it was really well presented... i think the first thing pretty much everyone says when they enter is 'wow, she's tiny'. ha.
then onto meet up with Chris (a rover from home) for a drink in Notting Hill. the weather today was PERFECT!!! loving it!

Sunday, a trial day at Kew Gardens with Alex (go to her blog in my links to see a lovely photo of us) and again, another PERFECT DAY!!! I had to go to find out where i was taking my Year 8 class on Wednesday for an 'educational visit'. the garden usually costs £9.50, so it was nice to go there for free. Thanks for coming alex, i had a great day in the sun, catching up with you! Unfortunately, my camera battery was flat (stupid me forgetting to check), but alex took some great pics, and i knew i was going back on wednesday, so it's ok.

washed my hair this morning (sunday) and then got home from church, looked at it out and thought, it looks really nice. I really like my hair. and then for some reason, went upstairs and got some scissors and proceeded to chop into it. weird sensation, not fully aware of what i was doing and have no idea why i did it, but hey. I now have 'layered' hair.. hehe. i kept it long at the bottom and just chopped into other bits. I think i'll leave it long for the moment and get chris (schelle's friend) to cut it shortish next week. haha, so that was my randomness for this week...

Monday, back to school and simon for street caf and street work. AM LOVING IT!!! a great way to spend my monday nights. And i am learning so much about myself and the homeless community in London.

The weather is so great at the moment (although someone said forecast for colder next week). And wednesday was another FAB day to spend wandering around kew gardens. Only 6 kids came and we had fun looking at rainforest plants and others. (dad there's a pic of a christmas blossom for you, reminded me of your one at home). chased one kid round the park on the way home and had to ring the school, as he was not coming... was ok, we got to the station only to have 1/2 of us get on one tube and half miss out... whoops. eventually got onto the bus to go back to school and then it decided to wait for 5mins doing nothing, so as we were walking into the school, kids were already leaving and my kids almost missed their transport... whoops, but hey, we got there.

wednesday we had our staff meeting at the pub again with no agenda. our art teacher made a joke and someone said he was funny to which he replied 'funny haha or funny weird'. the head then said well, funny haha, everyone has to be funny peculiar to work here. and i asked 'what about me, i am not funny haha' to which he replied, 'yeah, but you have two lots of funny peculiar to make up for it.' oooooooohhhhhhhh, good call. it's a nice environment i work in... keeps us from getting stressed out. ha.

today, our school one a SEN schools football match. and seeing as we had 1/2 our school playing in teams, we took the whole school out to watch, so another arvo spent in the sun... i love my job!!!

and now, i'm off to another night of spanish, not entirely sure how good tonight will be... oh well. i am going to have a cadbury cream egg mcflurry on the way home which will wash away any baddness of the night.

tomorrow night, stay at home, sat, celebrate St Pat's day (and of course go shopping on sat during the day to buy some green clothes) and sunday go with schelle to the NHM (Natural History Museum) to check it out for another excursion i am having there with Year 9's next week.

hope you enjoyed my week this week as much as i did... and now some photos... i don't mind being a little late to spanish

oh, this is just a cheeky squirrel on the green on the way home from school this arvo


peacock at Kew on wednesday
me and the flowers... oh, it's so nice now spring is nearly here... lovvin it
the christmas bush
sylvia and lynda (two of our TA's) today at the football... like my new haircut?? hehe, it's not that different
ummm kew
trying to be arty?? the art teacher new exactly where it was taken from... crazy
hehe, the 'bum' plant. but when i asked my head teacher what it looks like, he said, 'oh that's the coca de mere' spoil sport. and then i asked the art teacher and he said the same thing..... my goodness, why don't they share my humour??
flowers at kew!!
the kiddies WINNING the footy today. ours are the dark blue.

ok, i should be leaving now for spanish, so dinner then off i go. hope you are well!
besos
deev
xx

No comments: