Sunday, March 25, 2007

lazydays, bedbugs, parties, internet addiction and stuff

the bites....


whoa, just had a crazy big bumble bee come into my room... it sounded like a whipper-snipper crazy. and it's 5:55pm and STILL LIGHT!!! i'm starting to love this place again.

ok, sorry about messing up my blog... I somehow published it twice and then deleted the pics and then the blog... ARGH!!! the first time i've fully mucked it up... and now i have half my posting and not the other half... GRRRRRRR

so, brief update. so, sunday over a week ago, schelle and i went to the natural history museum for me to do an OHS visit for school, we had lots of fun. We then went to the science musuem, well cool... i am soooooo going back there... And, it's free... hooray for free museums. then we went to church. And i have been feeling a little out of the crowd at church. I am just not part of the family like i was at st james (man, i miss you guys!! you have a good thing, believe me). Maybe it's because I am in a big city, and well, the english are different with social 'rules' and acceptances. anyways, was praying about that, and on sunday night a lovely american couple Mandy and Andy (hehe, no seriously!) came and spoke to me and schelle... maybe it's cos their not english either, but tell you what, it was perfect timing.

Monday morning woke up with love bites... except they were extremely itchy, and well, no lovers here... what else could they be?? that was a great talking point for the students, and well, also for the guys at the streetcaf on monday arvo. still really enjoying my homeless work... praise God. and when i got home, i searched my matress and found and killed two bedbugs... nasty little buggers they are. i also found some eggs, so i bashed and sprayed them... hopefully that is the end, but i am still checking and spraying just to make sure. (don't worry mum, i'm airing my room too!)

tuesday, wednesday and thursday... really really lazy days. didn't make it to the gym, or to bible study, or to do much at all infact. although i did make it to my final lesson of spanish. Our teacher didn't turn up for some reason (for our LAST lesson) and we had a sub and i kid you not, we learnt more in that 1 lesson than we did in 20 weeks with our last teacher. It's a pity she only teaches A level (equivalent to above HSC... a little above me at the moment). and after, we went out to dinner in the vesbar, and tell you what, it was a lovely meal, with a lovely bunch of people, ta clem, nick and clem for coming, it was lovely! hooray.

umm, friday caught up with danica and stayed up heaps late with my new addictions of myspace and facebook... my goodness, i need to stop using these things, but it is amazing who you catch up with again after like 5 or more years.

speaking about catching up with people, caught up with Anh and Loc Duong (and schelle) on saturday for breakfast (well cooked schelle!) and then went down to Winchester or more precisely Swanmore for Matt's party. Matt is a guy i met in chile, and then randomly met his sister in thailand... and well, at his party saw richard again after ummm, however many years it has been since chile (maybe 8 or so).... CRAZY! guys, it was great to see you again.

and sunday, have a leisurely morning in swanmore and then a trip back to london. actually, now it is tuesday as i had to redo my blog, and i have just seen amazing grace at the movies with my cluster group (and andy and mandy came along, they are champs!) it was a pretty full on movie. very fitting seeing we are celebrating the 200th anniversary of abolition of slave trading, and i am studying black history at school.

tomorrow night, a girlie dinner night where i am cooking (ha, good luck to the girls) and thursday night, maybe have a hair cut, if chris is not too busy and then, well... FRIDAY is PARTY PARTY!!! hooray!!!

ok, well seeing as i had already typed this up before and i am now just talking more randomly than usual, i am going to go... enjoy my pics.

with my goodies anh and loc brought from my parents... gee thanks mum, just what i always wanted... ummm, a rabbit basket! (and i'm not going to open the present till my b'day... cheers for that!!!)

me at the natural history museum with my faced morphed... i think i am a middle-ages male or something... ha

us getting funky with Nick's crystal that he bought for a fancy dress party... (i designed the photo, but cheers nick for taking it)

the boys from Chile, 1998-1999... Martin, Richard and Matt... chi chi chi, le le le, viva chile!

anh and loc... good to see you two, welcome to uk. sorry i don't get to see more than you!!! love you two!

me being arty again, this time with schelle's houses alcohol

schelle, nick and me at schelle's house after brunch yesterday... schelle, you're a good cook! cheers for that!



happy good sunday everyone! hope you have a good week!
xxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos didn't download!
Thanks for the lovely flowers!!!

Saturday Girl

Anonymous said...

bed bugs are horrible!

deev said...

they loaded fine at my work... try again??

deev said...

ok, well, now the post has changed as i somehow totally stuffed up... but there's something there.

hooray!

Christina said...

I can't believe you got bed bugs!!! that sucks! Sorry again about the lack of hairdressing availability on my behalf...!

Anonymous said...

Hi Davina

Just wanted to say thanks for the beautiful card you sent. So kind of you. Hope this reaches you: Murray said he would give me your email address but he is working 19 hours every day at the moment so keeps forgetting.

Sounds like you are having fun in London.

Take care, and thanks again

Jean