Sunday, November 12, 2006

potato cakes and parties

last night we had Amy (girfriend of mathieu my housemate)'s party. she's the little one on the left. (i think the other girls name is lucy??) and then mathieu, looking chuffed to be inbetween two girls in a photo.
hey mark, what's that on your face?? it was about time poynts and i caught up, so what better to do than go to remembrance day for 2 minutes silence. london was at a standstill... amazing. just like old times on ANZAC day, but for once neither of us were in uniform.
schelle, Karen Dunn and myself looking sophisticated (the theme for Amy's last night). was nice to finally catch up with Karen who seems to be having a blast over here. good to see you karen!!

the poppy's in the fountain at Trafalgar Square where the service was held. lest we forget. and may we learn from it too.
that beautiful sunset at richmond i spoke about in a previous post. tori, me and schelle, the day we were all here. the next night i was all alone...
me, nick (schelle's new housemate) and Michelle (another one) at a Tapas restaurant in Brook Green. It had really good food and we needed to go there to umm, practice our spanish!!! We are part of the little shebu gang who walk to and from spanish class. last week we had 5 people walking home and branching off at different places, it was quite nice. an almost kind of community in london... never thought it could happen.
me, Evan, Jeremy, Jo and Chris. some of the rovers from back home celebrating evan's b'day. oh and that's my hat jeremy!!!
oh, oh, oh, can you read the name of the band on the drums?? schelle, chris and i went to the Jet gig on Tuesday night. it was pretty good! they are good live.

morrisons (my local grocery store) does my new favourite breakfast thing. potato cakes. they are kind of like a pancake but with pressed potato and you put them in the toaster... soooooo yummy. and probably really bad for you, but they taste so good!

so, my week this week. ummm, have done a bit of a clean-up of my room. putting stuff back in drawers, throwing stuff away, packing stuff that i won't need for a while into my suitcase. ummm, oh and of course then buying more stuff to put in my drawers and cupboard. why?? because i can. I still haven't done my job application, but that is on my MUST DO list of things for today. I'm not sure if i said, but i am applying for my job so that i can go off supply and onto contract so i can get things like sick pay, holiday pay oh and one stress day off a term!!

i think that is pretty much me done for the moment. ummm,

luego! deev

No comments: