Thursday, December 14, 2006

God bless bigger brothers.

so, they may find us annoying (fair call). and they may not always be kind (probably with good reason). But whenever we are in trouble, they can't help but come to our rescue (and show deep down they really do care). and my bro has done this time and time again. bless him. and tonight is no exception

so, the dilemma this time is... i have my aussie phone on, cos mum and dad might call.... you never know. and then i get this phone call from this broad aussie country bloke asking for some chick. i said, umm, sorry, this is davina, i think you have a wrong number.... no, no, the number he read out was mine. ok, so someone wrote it down wrong.

5mins later, another broad aussie bloke rings.... in response to my add. ok, maybe another wrong number, a bit weird 2 in the space of 5 mins. and then again and again. all in response to my add. so i ask one guy... umm, excuse me, which add would this be?? he got all embarassed and said the one in the paper. i said, sorry, which paper, and he told me. one in queensland. right... and now my phone hasn't stopped ringing.

so, i told my bro, who told me to divert my phone to his (bless him) and he'll sort them out. i'm sure they got a suprise when they ring and hear his voice on the phone. unless of course the add in the paper is for a holden ute (sorry about the stereotype!!). and i am just really curious to find out what is so good about me that i am getting so many country blokes ringing me up!! the mind does wonder!! again, unless of course the add in the paper is for a holden ute, or maybe some cheap barnsie tickets.... man, i would ring the number too if it was for cheap barnsie tickets!!!

anyways.... update on story to come. sorry i don't have the resolution there.... tune in next blog entry for.... what on earth my number was doing in a QLD regional paper!!! (thanks heaps jordan!!!)

hope it was a typo and not some sick joke!!

i love being able to edit posts... will leave the original bit there, but after much investigation (thanks to my bro, bless again!!) we have a resolution!
'the lady gave the wrong number, her number is 0432 *** ***'. i may harrass her later... she went into the paper looking for a refund because of the wrong number...
fab. so she wanted compensation.... for telling them 1 digit different. my number is 0403 and the rest follows the same. stupid stupid. i jasked if she was going to get it and then give it to me for having to deal with dirty old men down the phone (again, unless they are are looking for a holden or barnsie tickets...)
'she didn't get a refund, they told her about the inconvenience caused... apparently she's a lady of the night... not selling a holden...'
lucky we got to the bottom of that one!!!! so i must be a pretty good lady of the night in Queensland. I mean, they would only have to pay what $1500 and have a 24hr trip just to get to london, let alone to me and then back to Qld. man... not bad.

well, best of luck to her and hope the dirty old men start ringing someone else!!! hope your day was exciting as mine yesterday!!

love you all, see some of you soon, and probably the others when i return from Aus.
hugs a million
deev
xx

No comments: