Wednesday, December 20, 2006

hooray for small mercies

love you poppy. (this is my pop. he used to use cowpoo to keep his eyebrows black and bushy... aspparently.) and below, this is the lovely Val (step grandmother and the joy of his life), pop, grandma and granddad (on my father's side). ahhh bless them all.

thanks heaps to Reyna (she's my hero!) who came down to Canberra with me to get my entry clearance on monday. left sydney at 5:30am to get to the British High Commission for 9:00am. and praise the Lord, i got my passport back today!!! with entry clearance. so i will be going back to my job and i will be working on the first day of school. which is really exciting. after going to the Consulate, Reyna and i bummed around in canberra. we went to Questacon (science museum) and then went shopping. I LOVE just jeans, jeans west, portmans and sportsgirl. but they are heaps more expensive than my good old primark clothes (and they have gone up in price since i left too). stayed the night with Malcolm and Carol (my uncle and aunty in canberrra, thanks heaps guys!!!) and then drove to gundagai and gee, the countryside is sooooo dry, my goodness.

and then tuesday, in Gundagai for my pop's funeral. it was good to see some of the rellies after such a long time. Unforunate circumstances, but a lovely day. the weather was quite warm, i think at one stage it hit 40degrees and it was sunny. Jordan read out the grandchildren's memories of poppy and did really well (thanks bro).

so the next few days will be catching up with people, helping mum at work and getting ready for the rodgers annual christmas shindig. hooray. can't wait for that!!! oh and then enjoyin christmas with the family and getting ready to go back to england. hopefully the weather in sydney will improve and i can get to the beach. today reyna and i went letterboxing, but got rained on... stupid stupid.

well, that's all for now. i will put up some photos of gundagai and canberra in duke horse (ooops, sorry, i mean due course... pop's horse was called duke).

love youse all!!!
deev
xx

1 comment:

schelle said...

Thinking of you Deev.