Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And now home

I sit at the airport about to come home from my trip away. My time away has seemed so long and so short all at once. So many of the kids on the community go to school in Melbourne, Darwin, Lismore, sydney, it's really interesting. I wonder how/why they choose the schools they do. 

Wow... I have had such a good week. Not knowing what to expect, just hanging around with the kids, helping the sport and rec centre to do what they do and get to know some of the kids. The community we were in was pretty small... 600 or so people I think... A different world, but a great one. Has made me think about life and what I do and why I do it (once again). 

I am so excited about this year and who I spend time with, learn from, what I learn, how my mindset is influenced by the people around me. This year is going to be a great year in my life's journey. I can't wait til the end of the year and I can reflect on the year that was.  

Australia day tomorrow and I can't wait to celebrate how lucky I am to be Australian, but also to remember the past of my country and the repercussions of that now. 

Anyways, that's all from me for the moment and I'll put some photos up when I get back. And try to remember some stories to put up here!

Hope you are all well. 
:)
Xx

No comments: