Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The train, the rock, Alice and Darwin.

My pack towel does really well as a blanket on the train from Alice to Darwin, the Ghan. I am also surprised at how many times I can get pins and needles in one nights sleep and just how many ways I can sleep in a single chair on a train... And the shower... I don't think I ever thought unwound have a shower on a train... Haha. But I have. The whole thing is really quite fascinating. I can tell you about it one day! 

I have fallen in love with Alice springs and want to move back there to teach. I met an older guy in the pub that told me an hours worth of reasons for why I shouldn't move there, but then said when I do move back, I need to buy him a drink, as I'm going to hate it there... His was of saying 'I told you so'.  Anyways, this year is a sydney year, so I'll have to just holiday for now  and see how life pans out.

I met a few travellers on the train and we're going to hire a car together and see where we end up. There is one English, French, swiss, Swedish and Chilean... Pretty good cultural pot! That's a good thing about long train journeys.. You meet some cool people (like Oscar when I caught the train from kiruna to Stockholm).

Wow. So you pay a small fortune for a morning breakfast tour of Uluru and find out when you jump on the bus you need to pay more money for the national park pass... I'll have to check the fine print on the brochure... I'm sure it didn't say extra cost. Ahhhh, they'll get you for everything. 

I'm also amazed at how many people are awake at 4:30am for trips such as mine. My bus was the 7th bus to my lodge in the morning before 5am... Craziness.

Anyway, WOW! so I love pretty much everywhere, so it doesn't seem to count, but this place really is something else... I need to come back here to explore more... Nature will never cease to amaze me.

Oh, and the stars... There was a huge lightning storm the other night all around the resort.  Such a great sight from the lookout. Lightning all around, then stars above.  Saw so many shooting stars and satellites. And I've been pretty lucky with the weather, not too hot at all.


Ok. This does not read well, but i've just  been jotting down notes for putting on my blog through my phone, and this is how it goes... 

Sorry! 
Good luck making sense of it! 
Xx

No comments: